Forums > Published vs. Self-Published > Pubbed or Self Pubbed

New Topic|Reply

Author
Sable Grey
Hi there. I'm Sable Grey.

2016 Jan 08 07:01 pm |Quote

Author
L.C. Giroux
E-Pub all the way! So far the site looks great!
2012 Mar 30 03:03:56 pm | Quote

Author
Patricia Bates

E-pubbed rocks and self pub is a lot of fun as well... after all what else can you do with a story that's lost its home

2012 Mar 31 08:03:55 am | Quote

Author
Jewel Adams
Self pub is the only way to go and having them all as epubs works for me.
2012 Apr 01 12:04:14 pm | Quote

Cover Artist
Korey Mae Johnson
It's a way to go, and some people prefer it, but it's not the only way, especially if you're not very computer savvy. If you're not computer savvy, I don't suggest doing it yourself, because you need to find a person to make your cover, you need to learn book formatting, you need to learn how to publish on 3rd party sale markets, and it can be a headache if you feel pretty much only proficient in your word program and a safe degree of internet surfing.
2012 Apr 01 01:04:55 pm | Quote

Cover Artist
Korey Mae Johnson

(continued from last) For example, at BlushingBooks.com, which is one of the companies I work for, you can get a huge cut of the profit for signing on with us (FAR greater than 50%) and you don't have to do anything. You write the book and send us a non-formatted, but great story. We take that, format it for you, make a professional cover, and we put it on a dedicated market to sell it with dedicated customers on our site, and we publish it for you through all the third party sales.And we're not alone. Lots of publishers will do the same thing for you--it's nice because you don't have to worry about marketing, you worry about writing and you cash your check every quarter. It's that easy.

2012 Apr 01 01:04:29 pm | Quote

Cover Artist
Korey Mae Johnson
(continued 3/3) Sorry everyone, I have definately more to say on this issue, but the editor's giving me trouble.
2012 Apr 01 01:04:13 pm | Quote

Author
Jewel Adams
Quote:

(continued from last) For example, at BlushingBooks.com, which is one of the companies I work for, you can get a huge cut of the profit for signing on with us (FAR greater than 50%) and you don't have to do anything. You write the book and send us a non-formatted, but great story. We take that, format it for you, make a professional cover, and we put it on a dedicated market to sell it with dedicated customers on our site, and we publish it for you through all the third party sales.And we're not alone. Lots of publishers will do the same thing for you--it's nice because you don't have to worry about marketing, you worry about writing and you cash your check every quarter. It's that easy.

And these are all very good points You are so right, if you aren't comfortable on the net and doing it all yourself there are wonderful publishers out there on the internet. Check them out and make sure your genre fits into the offerings. You might check with authors that are already with the company, most of us are willing to help all we can to get new authors started. Don't be shy, publishing is a daunting task for an author. I think that is why this website is so very appealing.

2012 Apr 02 06:04:17 am | Quote

RNC Administrator
Cover Model Jimmy Thomas
If you are not seeing things you wrote in your reply show up in your reply, read the "Updates" page to see why and how to get it to show.
2012 Apr 03 10:04:57 am | Quote

Author
Stephanie Williams

I'm dabbling in self publishing and so far I'm liking it. It has its pros and cons. The cons, formatting the darn manuscript! LOL Another on is, you have to do ALL the marketing yourself. You don't have the help of the epublisher .

The pros: You can write what you want the way you want it, and the profits are all yours, at the very least 60%.

But I will still epub, so I do both for now.

2012 Apr 06 04:04:10 pm | Quote

Author
Lori Ramsey
I'm in the midst of polishing my novel and trying to figure out which way to go with it.
2012 Apr 07 03:04:52 pm | Quote

© 1998 - 2017 romancenovelcenter.com All Rights Reserved.

Terms | Privacy | Lost password? | Contact